TECHNO-GEEK QUESTION

    I recommend the Yum Pla Muuk - S.L.


    ON THE ROAD AGAIN . . . this time in my favorite state north of the Mason-Dixon line - PENNSYLVANIA! (Not far from Gettysburg, in fact; I'll be posting from there over the Fourth of July weekend which of course was when the battle was fought).

    ANYWAY I recently upgraded my Blackberry device and am using the Verizon Navigator application. Right away I notice its capabilities in the signal reception department seem superior somehow to the Garmins I was using - a couple generations back.

    MY QUESTION IS - how does this thing work? Is it a true GPS system, receiving from satellites? Or is it similar to the old LORAN; triangulating off towers?

    The reason I ask is it seems to be receiving even when its tucked into the center pedestal of the car, even when the car is under overhead cover . . . the engineer in me wants to know; I want to understand the mechanical nature of the system . . .

    HAVING SAID ALL THAT the thing appears to be a true GPS after all, as it does not receive from within this fine Thai restaurant "Lemon Grass" (which I recommend to anybody) here in Lancaster, PA.

    STORMBRINGER SENDS
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerrySource URL: http://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2010/05/techno-geek-question.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive