The one that wasn't....

    You know that feeling when you want something so bad, you are already invested in it before you see it in real life? And then when you realise it’s not right for you, you feel sick in your stomach with disappointment?

    I feel like that now.
    I had seen this warehouse style apartment in Maribyrnong about 6 months back, and S said there is no point even looking at it as we are not going to live in Maribyrnong. I pouted a bit, but got over it. I secretly always looked it up online though and admired the pictures. After a few months, it was moved to another real estate agency and I thought nothing of it.

    It came up in my searches during the week. Okay, I lie – I actively searched for it. I rang the agent to enquire on the asking price, and it had dropped by nearly $100,000 since I last enquired about it.
    I decided, enough is enough – time to go and check it out.

    S and I trekked around to 7 properties this morning (and we were driving past a property with a sign out the front so we reversed, parked and ran in randomly - and loved it. Seriously, we both love it. It is more than we had discussed spending though, so I am leaving it up to S to see if he thinks we can do it. It's 3 beds -all with massive walk in robes, 3 baths, double garage, back yard, 2 balconies plus a 45sqm home office!! I am not holding my breath though. Money doesn't grow on trees y'all.)

    Anyway, I took S home after all the OFIs and drove out to Maribyrnong to check out 'the possible one'.

    As soon as I walked in, I knew it was not the one for us. We need a home somewhere that we can raise children and all that jazz.


     I love the converted warehouse style apartments!
     This room is actually advertised as the 3rd bedroom, but it is a living room with sliding doors.
     The master bedroom is upstairs, and curiously has no wardrobe. The mirrored doors are storage, and so low that even if you put in wardrobe railings you could not hang dresses without them touching the floor.
     This bathroom area is part of the main bedroom, it's all one open space. The shower and toilet are behind the frosted doors.

    Behind the chairs, is a glass window which looks down over the kitchen area, but the glass does not go all the way and you could jump down there if you had a death wish.



    Also, there is no pantry in the kitchen and the cupboards that are above head height have the doors that you pull up, but they don't stay up, they just close on your hand. A man clearly designed the storage space.

    If S and I were not planning on starting a family soon, it would be awesome, but it's not the one for us.

    If you are interested, here is the link to it - someone needs to own this bad boy!!
    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-that-wasn.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive