Our Wedding Reception is Booked.

    As I am sure some of you probably noticed, I was getting really stressed about the Marquee.
    Here are the things that were giving me a headache:
    - Council permit. Those morons could not give me a straight price.
    - Security guards to look after the marquee for over 24 hours. They aint cheap.
    - Toilets. Where does one go to the toilet when at a marquee wedding in a garden? You have to shell out over 2k just for these 'Luxury' bathrooms because obviously you don't want guests using construction site portapotties.
    - Catering. If you don't use the catering company the marquee company own, you have to pay for another whole tent, staff, kitchen etc etc etc.
    Anyway, long story short.
    The word Marquee made me want to neck my self.
    To have exactly what we wanted (just the marquee & food) not including the alcohol, staff, toilets, security, council fee, generator it was costing 38k.
    It was stupid.
    Yes I love the marquee look. I don't think a wedding reception can get any better.
    It was just too much of a headache.
    I went to The Hotel Windsors Wedding Open Night last night where the 2 lovely front girls told me I had the wrong night so I nearly left.
    I ended up going into the Grand Ballroom, and it was on. Just me and another couple viewing. The lady helping me was beyond lovely and helpful, not to mention funny. I did not like the Grand Ballroom as it had the old vintage feel, that I knew S would hate, so she took me to the Burke room which was set up in basics which come with the package.
    It is the old Hard Rock Cafe!! Completly renovated etc. Looks amazing.
    I took the below with my phone:
    I am sure I have mentioned that I dislike round tables, but in a round room with 3 tiers (each floor is raised a tad) they work.
    Plus, in the end, they are only tables. I will get over it.
    I also like these sleek chair covers, much more modern than the ones with the frill down the bottom, blegh.
    The walls have a shine and shimmery neutral wall paper.
    The room is full of natural light and I loved it.
    I went home, showed S the photos and we booked it today :)
    Another great thing is that the room can only handle 180 people, which is already heaps in my opinion so no more can be invited. Excellent.
    I think that it is quite the blank canvas, and my colourful flowers that will be all over the place will not clash.
    Yippeee.
    We also get a complimentary (well, we are paying alot) night in a suite which my Bridesmaids and I will be using the night before as it has a dining room etc so plenty of room to get ready.
    S and I will be staying somewhere like the Crown Metropol the night of the actual wedding, as he likes things sleek and modern.

    I'm really excited and feel like a massive weight has been lifted of my shoulders.
    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2010/10/our-wedding-reception-is-booked.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive