RIP Lloyd

    Lloyd our beloved family dog died early this morning.
    Jo & Greg knew something was wrong when he would not come inside, and just lay out in the rain.
    Greg got him into the garage, and lay with him for hours.
    When he came down to check on Lloyd in the morning, Lloyd passed away in Gregs arms.


    Lloyd the best Reindeer ever.
    Look at that grin.

    Lloyd having a fantastic time at my 20th birthday.

    Christmas day about 2 years ago,
    Lloyd loving life at Sandringham beach.

    These cute tourists were dying to have photos with him - and he didn't mind.
    In fact, he loved it.

    Jo & Lloyd chilling in the hallway.
    Lloyd would either sleep with Jo in her room, or right outside her door.

    Robin playing tug-a-war.
    Lloydy is the winner every time.

    Such a good boy.

    Aww.


    We had a funeral for him, and this is the Eulogy I wrote for it.
    Sunlight streams through the window
    onto a spot on the floor....then I remember,it's where you used to lie,but now you are no more.
    Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,and muted echoes sound....then I remember,It's where your paws would joyously bound
    And you would feel the need to pee, whenever there was no one around, and you couldn’t hear a sound.

    A bark is heard along the road, and up beyond the hill,then I remember it can't be yours....your golden voice is still.
    Often you had smelly breath,
    And I would push you away,
    But right now I would give anything
    To smell that breath today.
    You were such a funny dog,
    A racist one at that.
    Whenever you saw someone who was black
    You would bark like we were under attack.
    When walking, we wouldn’t get far,
    Before you stopped and made good use,
    Of the plastic bag.
    I could always count on you,
    To protect me whilst out on our
    Twilight runs.
    You were very rarely a naughty dog,
    Letting Max prod you and poke you,
    Instead of fighting back,
    just laying there like a log.
    Your penchant for eating tissues,
    Socks, underwear and pillows
    Made me believe you truly had issues.

    But I'll take that vacant spot of floorand lay it with the absent barkand unused dish along the wall.I'll wrap these treasured memoriesin a blanket of my loveand keep them for our best frienduntil we meet above.

    Lloyd, you really were the best dog
    And we will miss you so much.
    I thought you would live forever
    But now you are gone.

    I love you Lloyd.

    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2010/11/rip-lloyd.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive