SITUATIONAL AWARENESS

    I was asked if I have any opinions or thoughts on the new nuclear START treaty - which looks like it will be ratified today - that it would be interesting to know if there is anything about the treaty that the media has missed.

    Of course, this is predicated on the notion that I have actually READ the thing - and quite honestly over the past week-plus Daze of Confusion of moving into the new Villa de Tempest . . .



    . . . I seem to have mislaid my courtesy copy of the treaty that the Senate shot over to me. So I consulted the greatest living American philosopher - Rush Limbaugh - and surprisingly enough his thoughts on the matter mirror mine exactly: any treaty with the Russians isn't worth the paper it's written on.

    To quote the Great Ronaldus Magnus:

    "Trust, but Verify . . ."


    While we're on it, the same crowd was asking me to chime in on the whole Don't Ask Don't Tell scenario and I deferred - on the grounds that this is not directly related to national security - but just for the record let me say that I have no problem with homosexuals serving openly in the military . . .


    . . . comment?


    .Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2010/12/situational-awareness.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive