My Burlesque Hens Night

    I had my Burlesque themed Hens Night last night and had such an amazing time!!!




    I wanted the burlesque theme as I love how over the top it is, and I love any excuse to dress up.




    I am apologising in advance, as this is a massive mother effer of a post. I also have the photos in order for once, so you can see the decline in appearance like it should be











    Gah, I was so excited!












    Getting Ready








    I had a cut and blow dry at Nara Hair on Lonsdale Street.

    All of the hairdressers are so lovely and never fail to produce the goods.



    Cat and I had our make up done at Illamasqua at Myer Melbourne.

    The make up artist that did my make up, Rebecca, was amazing. I will definitely be using her again in the future.



    I love all of the Illamasqua products!





    The Imperial - Chapel Street













    Liz, Cat & Jo organised the day/night and did such an amazing job.












    We started at The Imperial at 3:30pm for drinks, and as a meeting spot.






    Believe me, we needed those drinks for the class that was coming up!







    No costumes. Tsk Tsk.



    Still sober. Not adorned in the standard tacky hens gear yet..





    Mum & Cat



















    Lacey & Maddie












    Liz had filled this gift bags with things that might be needed during the night - chocolate, panadol, breath mints, lip gloss, lolly pops, phone numbers etc. They were awesome!!













    Liz and Henry.












    Henry was our little mascot for the night. He is such a good baby, I did not hear him cry once and the noise did not bother him at all! Neither did the prying eyes of all the girls that were excited to see him.







    Mum, Cat & I












    We are never all looking at the same camera dammit!







    XXX-Tina & I













    I love that all my friends went to such an effort to dress up, I love them for it!!






    Sam & Laura.




    Law flew down from Sydney for the night, as Sam & I had surprised her with flights so that she would not miss it! Considering that she is coming down again in 2 weeks for the wedding, it meant a lot to me that she was there!



    We had to walk from Imperial to Red Bennies, along Chapel St at 5pm.




    It is still bright at 5PM! It is fair to say that we had more than our share of looks and toots from people amused by 17 girls in burlesque costume stampeding Chapel St.




    When ever Cat yelled out "WHO DOES MARYANNE LOVE?!" the girls had to yell back "S!!!" and she would yell this at any time, usually when surrounded by strangers, and the girls would scream it out.




    It's fair to say that after a few drinks it went from yelling S's name, to yelling "ANAL" "COCK" "69ERS" - anything to embarrass me in front of my Mum!!!!!!!




    Red Bennies - Burlesque Class




    We kept with the theme and went to Red Bennies, where we had an hour long burlesque class which was such fun!




    If you know me in real life, you know that I have no rhythm, I'm not a sexual person and I don't like all eyes on me (no, seriously!!) so this was definitely getting me out of my comfort zone, and I would imagine the same for a few other girls.



















    Lara was made for this shizz. I'll be uploading videos in my next post - be excited!!





    My face says it all here hahahaha.




    That's the teacher on my left and Gabby on my right. Gabby has been dancing for years, so this was right up her alley. I should not have gone next to her, then I wouldn't look so unco!!



    Kitty, Myself, Leah, Vanessa & Celeste having a much needed drink during a break from strutting, twirling, removing gloves sexily etc.





    Standard 'grab my boob' shot.





    Strutting my stuff.





    Taaa daaaa!











    We had to learn how to flick open the fan, and I seriously sucked at it!! Gabby broke one, much to the teachers annoyance.





    Hiiii





    Lacey and I rocking our fans!!





    The headband on my veil was way too small for my head, so I had bobby pins holding it in, but it was falling off all night, as was my sash.





    Rocking my solo. Mum went from yelling out "That's my girl!!" to "I didn't teach her that!!!" at my stripperesque moves.




    The Oriental Tea House




    After our lesson we moved on to The Oriental Tea House for Yum Cha which was delishhh.



    It was time for the hens night themed toys to come out!!





    The standard Penis straw. Can't be a hen without one!! Mine ended up looking like it had some form of disease after my red lipstick was all over it.





    Oh yeahh.







    Cocktails in tea pots - Just how we like them.




    Of course I had better things to do than take photos of all the food, but there are a few.







    Work that Penis, Lacey!





    Forget cups, we have penis straws.















    These were to have a Penis race with, but Cat forgot the wind up things so it took awhile to get them started. Vanessa kept saying "Clearly the black penis will win, blacks are far superior in athletics!!!" she was not wrong.



    I came home to these on my pillow. Excellent.









    Please note thereis a penis on my shoulder.








    Lacey & Leah











    All of the girls wrote down dares for me, and I had them tied to my wrist and had to complete them when they said. At the Tea House I had to get crump in the middle of the tables (as so elegantly demonstrated in the above photo), ask a guy to buy me a shot (success!) and ask a random to call me, tick.





    Kitty and I









    Sus, Sara and Gabz







    Lovely little family shot with Mum, Cat and Aunty Maddy!







    Jett Black





    We decided to head to Jett Black, as usual, as we had free entry for a few of us and drink cards.











    As you can see, my veil and sash made the rounds!





    I pulled off my falsies by this stage, and had already had a power vomit or 2, so was in great shape.



    Last photo of the night, after everyone left, Cristina and I decided to soldier on.




    We caught a cab to Trak, decided not to go in, and then caught a cab to The Long Room. Seeing as I met S there, it was quite fitting.




    I was home in bed by 2:30am, so had a good 11 hours worth of fun and drinking.




    I had such an amazing night, loved every bit of it!!!




    I wore:




    Pleasure State Corset




    H&M Skirt




    Levante Stockings with back seam & felt bow on ankle




    Zara Heels





    13 Days to go!!


    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-burlesque-hens-night.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive