Wedding Dress Mock Up Fitting

    I had my first dress fitting today!!

    The mock up version is just done in satin lining, so nothing structured or corseted or any of that fancy stuff, but it gave me a great idea of how the dress(es) are going to look.



    Here are some rough photos. Please remember that there will be no lumps and bumps, pulls, gathers, etc etc etc that should not be there on the actual dress.



    If you look closely at my reflection you can see some fine cap sleeves. I am undecided on whether or not to just leave them very simple or have beading etc. Decisions Decisions.


    Ignore the tulle coming out of the back, I had the little tulle cap sleeves on for when I had the tulle skirt (as seen on the floor in the background) on.


    The dress is going to be this colour white (silk white) and I am no longer having lace or beading on the dress. It just was not me.


    There will be silk covered buttons running down to where the lady's hands are, and then an embellishment before the dress flares out (a little bit more flare than the first photo as I am having a thick fabric).

    Ignore the bust and front of the dress for now.

    The arrows are there to point at things that you need to ignore.

    Random tulle and the panel across my bum which I have removed so that the dress will be in long panels with no interuptions focussing on my hips!

    The back will also be a touch lower.

    Even though it is just a mock up version, I am really glad that it is coming a long so nicely!!

    I have my french corset fitting in 2 weeks. Ouch. I am pretty sure that it won't be fun.

    The detachable tulle skirt over the top looked very bridey, and I am having a train, which I did not think I would have. I actually love the train! My Mum is very pleased I am sure. Why not have the princess bride moment?

    So along with the tulle skirt, there will be the fine tulle cap sleeves and a heavily embellished jewelled belt around the waist which will all be removed before I enter the reception.

    I am so in love with it, and am glad that my Mum and Auntie where there with me as they are pros when it comes to fabric and dressmaking and when I am trying to get my point across by saying things like "Ummm. What's this bit? It makes me look short and fat" they know exactly what I am talking about and can articulate it much better.

    P.S - My braces went fine!! No pain yesterday, but a tad bit of soreness today.
    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2011/05/wedding-dress-mock-up-fitting.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive