Mai Tai

    When S and I went on our 2nd date together, we went to Mai Tai, a tacky cliche Thai restaurant on the corner of Russell St & Lonsdale Street.
    We hated each other.
    One of my girlfriends rang me, and S was in the bathroom so I answered. When he came back he heard me talking about a date, and asumed I was going on a date with someone else also haha.
    Anyway, we went to Mai Tai and had some drinks and dinner.
    We went back about 18 months later, and the food was still delicious.
    Last night S sent me an email and all it said was "Mai Thai... Mai Shout" so we went there, and it has just finished being renovated and completly re-done.
    It is also under new management.
    It is now sleek and polished, and quite frankly, boring.
    I loved the tackiness before!

    Here I am, in our carpark.
    I had to take of my tights & change my shoes as my tights were falling down something shocking.
    Bardot Jacket
    Bracewell singlet
    Asos Top
    Target Skirt
    Cue Belt
    Tuck Shoes

    The staff were hovering around like hyenas around a lost puppy.
    They did give us the Prawn Crackers complimentry was nice.
    We had chicken Skewers with Peanut Satay sauce to share.
    The Menu said there were 8 of them,but only 4 came out.
    They were rubbery and stringy, not to mention spicy, and I couldnt help but think "Maybe it is Rat!!" which of course led to me not being able to eat more than half of one.
    After S polished them off, he said "That tasted strange. Wonder if it was a Rat".
    Didn't stop him from eating them of course.
    Pad Thai
    It doesn't look like it, but this was a really large serving and after the prawn crackers, I couldnt finish it off.
    In all honesty, it was pretty bland and I rate it 5/10.
    S was happy to polish it off.
    I have no idea what this is, some form of meat/vegies with mushroom sauce but there was heaps of fat and bone in the meat, which didn't please S.
    He didn't finish it.
    I think with the staff coming over every 3 minutes to ask if everything was fine, and the food being pretty damn average - we won't be going back but will stick to Gin Kao on Swanston Street for my Thai hit.
    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2010/09/mai-tai.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive