VETERANS HAVING THEIR GUNS CONFISCATED



    If this story about the VA and Homeland Security denying veterans concealed handgun permits is true, it is very disturbing:

    From a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer:

    I had a Doctor’s appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions:

    1. Did I feel stressed?
    2. Did I feel threatened?
    3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

    The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.


    Another vet reports: "Last month, at my VA med visit, they asked me exactly the same questions and I asked them why they never asked them before and their answer was that it is a new policy that they must ask all vets!"


    So far this could be dismissed as the rumor mill; but it gets more real than that:


    Sgt. Wayne Irelan re-enlisted in the Army National Guard after September 11th.

    He was severely injured in Iraq and awarded the Purple Heart. But now his second amendment rights have been taken away.

    “I really feel betrayed,” Sgt. Irelan told 5NEWS.

    A year ago the Irelan’s began receiving a small stipend from Veterans Affairs because Lana had to take over the family’s finances.

    “How many husbands do you know in America that pay the bills? There’s not very many,” Lana Irelan told 5NEWS.

    The V.A. declared Wayne Irelan incompetent and now his right to own a gun is gone.

    “It’s wrong. Laws need to be changed. They need to look at individuals and not stereotype them as some sort of mad man,” Sgt. Irelan said.

    Irelan has post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from the Iraq war, but his wife says he has never been violent. Lana Irelan told 5NEWS his diagnosis is not a legitimate reason for his gun rights to be taken away.

    “I was there when they gave him his purple heart for fighting for that right to bear arms, and they are stripping it away,” Lana said, her eyes tearing up.

    The couple didn’t know Wayne’s gun rights had been terminated until they went to get a gun out of pawn. Days later Wayne got a letter from the Arkansas State Police saying his concealed carry permit had been revoked. The ATF has told the Irelans that they could go to jail if a firearm is found in their home. . . .


    One more horror story of how the Government will take care of you . . . I've got a couple Government Medicine horror stories of my own . . . let me tell you about it sometime . . . SEAN LINNANE SENDS
    .


    "If you expect the Government to take care of you, you're gonna get what the American Indian got." - Sergeant Major Loclomancil, US Army Special Forces and full-blooded Payute.


    .Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2010/09/veterans-having-their-guns-confiscated.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive