Somerville For The Win!!

    Saturday was spent driving, and watching my brothers team win the grand final!
    This was my driving pattern:
    CBD - Ivanhoe-Frankston-Ivanhoe-CBD-Mornington-CBD.
    Thank goodness for the Eastlink. That is like 4 hours on the Eastlink in one day. Painful.
    Anyway, Joseph has been playing for 20 years and has made the GF once before, but never won.
    This time, THEY WON!!
    Joseph kicked 2 goals, 3 points.
    Somerville were down 4 to 48 in the first quarter, and Joseph nearly kicked another goal and it hit the post. I think everyone was 100% positive that they had given up.
    Come the 3rd & 4th quarter, they were gaining on Frankston Bombers, Joseph took an amazing mark that had the crowd screaming and then guess who kicked the winning goal with a minute to spare?
    Yes. Joseph! Woohoo
    Did I mention that I frigging hate football? I have never been so excited, or paid such attention in my life. Am so proud of them!

    Joey with the trophy!
    I have NEVER in my life seen him so happy and emotional!
    This was actually filled with beer, I thought he was pretending but no.

    Looking embarrassed of us all taking photos.


    Ashleigh-Rose, Joey & Mum.
    Mum flew down from Townsville with her friend Grant to suprise Joseph.
    She usually never misses a game when in Melbourne, and rang Joseph in the morning and said she was there in spirit etc etc and then he runs out on the field and who does he see screaming like a banshee? Mum!! Eyes were rolled but his happiness could not be disguised.

    Favourite child much?

    Joey & Ashleigh-Rose.
    Girl can actually kick the ball! Much better than me.

    Joseph & Grant.
    Grant has been diagnosed with Liver Cancer & it is terminal.
    I still can't get my head around it.
    He was saying that this is the best he has ever felt as he is actually eating properly and off the alcohol.
    So sad.
    When Mum rang me to tell me, I was at work and could not help but cry my little heart out. 6 months is nothing.
    How can you get up every morning knowing that the end is so close?
    He is heading off to Scotland & America to live out his life dream.
    He loves me for my sick sense of humour so the last thing I said to him before they went back to Brisbane was "Don't die before I see you next".
    Maybe I shouldnt have said that but he thought it was refreshingly funny.
    Ohwell.

    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2010/09/somerville-for-win.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive