Hittin' The Hard Stuff!

    My doctor referred me to a dermatologist on Friday and they had a waiting list of 3 months to get in.
    The Doc gave me a few other clinics to try, all booked out until at least march 2011.
    The last lady I spoke to (booked out till Feb 11) abruptly put me on hold and told me she had a cancellation for Monday at 11:30 and did I want it?
    Hell Yes I Want It!!
    Anyway, I went to the dermo, she took one look at my skin and told me I need Roaccutane.
    The hard stuff.

    I had to have a blood test to determine I am not pregnant (and you really cant get pregnant whilst on it, or they strongly suggest a termination as the drug causes problems in fetus' - yikes!), cholesterol, liver etc.
    The Pathologist commented that my veins are so fine and delicate, and that a Vampire would not like them.
    She also waved the vial of blood in my face telling me it was a beautiful colour.
    Okay lady, I am already about to pass out - I don't need your nonsense!!
    I have gotten the okay, and start Roaccutane tomorrow (As soon as S picks up the perscription from the clinic).
    Thats basically the reason I have not been blogging outfit posts etc often, I am really self concious of my skin at the moment.
    I have a whole wardrobe of clothes I cannot wear as my back, chest, neck & shoulders have been taken over by the evil acne monsters.
    There is no point getting excited for Summer, I can't go in the sun anyway :(
    I will be taking monthly photos to compare my skin, which I will blog at the end of the 6 month cycle!!
    Any one who has been on it have any reccomendations for skin care? Dermo told me just use neutrogena and cetaphil.
    Nothing at all with oil in it.
    She gave me a goody bag full of eye drops, lotions, potions, chap stick etc etc.
    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2010/09/hittin-hard-stuff.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive