MILITARY BIKES

    From our Canadian correspondent:

    Hey Sean, I'm not really into motorcycles but have seen these retro military-style ones on my local streets in Liberty Village in Toronto. Visit the site and check out the black one and the sand-colored one I saw today . . . .




    I inspected them up close . . . they look like the kind of thing an attaché would ride up in to hand a letter to Winston Churchill . . .





    Yeah, like maybe if Winston was working for the other side . . . or maybe some deep cover Werhmacht mole from his extensive personal intelligence network . . .




    Checking out those first two something struck me as odd about these bikes - I've seen a LOT of WWII-era Wehrmacht Beamers - over in Europe and in the military museums at Fort Bragg - and I used to own an R100CS so I know my dual-opposed air-cooled twins - there was something wrong and I don't just mean the US star on the side car of a military BMW then it struck me these are modern-day retros inspired by the WWII era military workhorses . . .




    . . . then I did the man thing and actually read the fine print (see below) - S.L.



    "Designed By BMW in 1938, the CJ 750 is a decommissioned vintage l966 Chinese Army motorcycle."


    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2010/09/military-bikes.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive