Thelma

    I am currently sitting in my car in Bendigo, with the laptop on my lap.


    I am waiting for S to finish up with a meeting so that we can move on to my Nanna's Funeral.


    She died on Saturday, unexpectedly, whilst my brother Greg and I went up to visit her.


    I was not particularly close to Nanna because she lives 4 hours away, which I know is no excuse but her death has hit me hard. I did not expect to see her in the state that she was in when we walked into her room.

    I expected her to be the same Nanna, sitting up and smiling sweetly at our stories.

    If the nurse had not had told us who she was, I honestly don't know if I would have recognised her straight away.


    2 cousins and an uncle was also there, and I am so glad she had family around when her time came to go to Heaven.


    Unfortunately my Dad did not make it in time, he arrived an hour after she had passed.


    I'll upload some photos of her next week



    You can't go to a Funeral without sunglasses.

    I stopped at the Beechworth Bakery for an old school toastie.



    They really do keep it old school.




    Anyway I have just remembered that I need to go and buy some flowers to lay at her grave on the half of Lucas, who is in Townsville still.


    Have a lovely Easter everyone.



    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2011/04/thelma.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive