Fortune Banquet

    On Tuesday S and I celebrated his 32nd Birthday by eating at Fortune Banquet, a Chinese/Szechuan Restaurant on Exhibition Street (next to Subway).
    As we are going out for Teppanyaki tonight, we were not initially planning on eating out on Tuesday but after walking past Fortune Banquet every day his curiosity got the better of him and he dragged me in for dinner, not that I was complaining.

    How cute are these crabs!
    I feel sorry for them.

    I had Chicken San Choy Bow as an entree, and also vegetarian spring rolls, which I forgot to take a photo of.
    This San Choy Bow was amazing.

    Chinese Tea.
    Out of curiosity, what exactly is Chinese Tea? It just tastes like hot water to me.

    Unsure of what this is as they bought it out before we even ordered.

    S's Main - some form of squid.

    Kung Pao Prawns.
    I have never been served this many prawns in a dish at a restaurant before.
    There was 27 prawns. Unheard of.
    Yummo.
    Each table has a buzzer so that you when you want service you can buzz it (it is silent) and the staff come over.
    We did not need to use this as the staff are very attentive, they don't speak much English but are great at their jobs!

    S took this. Clearly a master photographer.
    There was 2 ladies on the table next to us, who when ordering commented "I have never tried this soup before so I will try it" and when they tasted the soup they practically abused the waitress saying "This is disgusting. All I can taste is pepper. Your chef must have ruined it. Why would you serve such crap? Can you understand what I am saying?!".
    The girl said "I am sorry, but this is how it tastes traditionally".
    They were so rude to her.
    When she apologised and walked away they kept imitating her and laughing at her, knowing full well that she could hear them!!
    Just because you don't like something, does not mean it is ruined.
    If you want to order something you are going to like, order something you are familiar with.
    Anyway, this place was pretty good!
    Can't wait for Teppanyaki tonight.

    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2011/03/fortune-banquet.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive