New York New York - Part 1

    New York!
    What a place!!
    I loved it. I loved every part of our trip though.
    When we arrived at Newark Airport (NJ) we were hit by the snow and the wind. I was lagging behind with my suitcases and S was being accosted by a 'cab driver' who asked him if we needed a cab. S said yes. Said 'cab driver' took his suitcases, and lead us far away from the cab ranks, into an underground car park, and then to a big fancy Lincoln.
    He chucked S's suitcases into the back and stared at me. At this point I am shooting daggers at S and S finally says "Mate, are you a cab". (Yes S, the man is a cab. he has 4 wheels and is yellow).
    Anyway, the guy says he is a chauffer and will show us his permit.
    I sigh and get in, following S.
    I ask him "Is this an illicit towncar service?" and he says "Yep" and the doors are locked and off we go.
    I am fearful for my life now. He rings someone and tells them what freeway we are on, I can tell death is imminent. 'Taken' Style.
    In the end, we made it to our hotel. But still. Way to go for an illicit towncar service S.

    Times Square!!
    To run a business in the heart of Times Square you MUST have a minimum of 18% of your building space covered in advertising.
    Wall St.
    S being the Financial Planner/Stockbroker that he is was in heaven.


    How cool is this big bubble!!

    The view from the Empire State Building at midnight. It was so cold by this stage, about -2 and windy.
    My H&M 'jockey' hat as S has declared it.

    Damn my one eye.



    I got really excited by the School Bus. Sad huh?

    The view from our Hotel Room.
    40 Levels up!
    If the curtains opened a crack whilst we were sleeping we were instantly woken by blinded neon lights.

    In NYC in Winter, Fashion goes out the window.
    Fashion - Out
    Warmth - In
    Here I have on my NYC uniform:
    Tommy Hilfiger Coat
    H&M Hat
    Pashmina
    Gripp Jeans
    Nobody tells you about the 'trash' stacked high throughout the city.
    They don't have bins like we do, and just stack it all up.
    Yuck.
    Surprisingly it does not smell at all though.
    Snow Snow Glorious Muddy Snow!



    After this pic S threw a massive snowball at me, which left my arm wet and cold.
    I was so glad to see the death of this bag whilst we were away, and replaced it with 3 new bags (which you will see in an upcoming post eventually!)

    Source URL: https://brownlowpictures.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-york-new-york-part-1.html
    Visit brownlow pictures for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive